We are now nearing the halfway mark for the first phase of infrastructure delivery. As immediate neighbours to the site, we wanted to let you know Avant Homes will be starting onsite w/c 14th January 2019, followed by Miller Homes later in February. Please contact the housebuilders directly for more information regarding new homes.
A Reserved Matters Application sets out the design, layout and final number of houses on each housebuilders land plot. You can find out more about their applications by clicking on the links below. First residents are expected to take occupation second half of 2019.
Miller Homes Application Reference: W/18/1832 Avant Homes Application Reference: W/18/1442
Site Works Update Q4 - 2018
- The weather has remained relatively kind during the tail end of the year, allowing earthworks to continue on schedule
- The balancing ponds and watercourses have now been formed. Myton Brook has been diverted, and now runs through what will be the feature landscaping green corridor area
- Drainage connections and outfalls associated with the balancing ponds is underway
- Landscape areas are being shaped to meet the proposed levels
- Installation of paths and play areas within the green corridor will be commencing in the coming weeks
- Footpaths around the perimeter of the site are taking shape, and areas are being prepared for planting
- Construction and drainage of the first phase of the new spine road has been formed linking into Europa Way. New services will laid into the site and surfacing work is due to commence before the end of the year
There is planning consent to utilise Saumur Way as vehicular access for up to 70 plots. The latest plans demonstrate a cycling and pedestrian link only with vehicular access to this parcel connected to the new internal spine road and on to Europa Way only. However the option to use Saumur Way is still available.
Europa Way Highway Improvements
- Utility diversions have been progressing. These diversions need to be completed before the new northbound carriageway can be constructed
- The bulk of the earthworks have been completed, and we have commenced drainage and road construction. The road construction will continue to the new junction area with the first surfacing visit planned early 2019. The remainder of the northbound carriageway will be constructed following completion of the utility diversions
- Traffic will be moved onto the new carriageway in March 2019
Catesby Estates plc are working with the landowners of Myton Green a 96 acre site off Europa Way, Warwick which has consent for 735 new homes. Catesby Estates are enabling future development by the provision of infrastructure facilitating the delivery of much needed new homes to the area.
The site which was granted Outline Planning Permission in 2015 is extremely well located for the excellent educational, town centre and retail facilities of Warwick and Leamington Spa.
Warwick District Council approved the reserved matters planning application in April 2017, which was based on the Council’s garden suburb principles and put forward by Catesby Estates on behalf of the Europa Way Consortium. Consent was granted for the site-wide infrastructure and public open space works which will support future residential development, following consultation with the local public and the Council.